October 24, 2014

7 Quick Takes: First Post Edition



Since this is my first time doing 7 Quick Takes, I'm counting my introduction as a take.  I've seen all the fun and people joining in on this for a while, so I finally decided to join in myself.  Here's hoping I can actually come up with six more things :). Here goes some random rambling in no particular order:


So I've been a little cranky lately (ok, maybe I'm always cranky, but more cranky than usual).  This morning I was especially...uncheerful.  There were stressful things going on at work all week, I got a text that didn't sit with me the right way (more my fault than the person texting), and I was feeling all sorts of road ragey.  So not a great start to the day.

Well, as I've mentioned before, I've been getting emails from blessed is she with the daily readings. This morning I took some time to read over them. Today's first reading felt like it was directed right at me with God smacking me upside the head:

"I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace."

Oh.  Well, that's about the opposite of how I've been acting.  So it looks like I've got a challenge. I think sometimes we all need God smacking us upside the head.


So after the flurry of home projects, I kind of got a little burnt out.  And by burnt out I mean stopped in the middle of projects and...left them that way for the last week or two.  Actually, I literally dropped what I was working on... like dropped bags and boxes in our entry way that haven't quite moved yet.  Its getting a little hard to navigate around, and we're starting to look a little bit like hoarders, so I think I have to pick things up again this weekend.


Ok, kind of part of the last one, the biggest project right now is turning the den (which is currently just the dog's room) into an exercise room. The Hubs (I'm not taking responsibility for this idea) decided that instead of paying for gym memberships, that haven't used more than a handful of times in the two years that we've had them, we could buy some stuff for our home with the same money.  We found some good deals online on some basics and ordered them. Funny thing is, my box got here a week ago... and I've been too lazy to open it and put it together yet (hey, the reviews, that I of course read after the fact, said it would take hours).  I was supposed to pick up the Hub's box from UPS (long story), but I also put off cleaning out my car so I could fit it in there for a week.  The plan is to get it today (I finally cleaned out my car and added that to the stuff sitting in our entry way), but I feel like this does not bode well for the actual prospect of exercising...

Fall is absolutely my favorite season.  I like fall clothes, all the pumpkins, leaves getting crunchy on the ground, and cooler weather (though its not quite the same on the west coast as other places).  Unfortunately, fall keeps refusing to show up over here. This week had finally started to cool down a tiny bit after weeks of heat waves, now this weekend its going to be in the high 80s again.  I've had enough of this, its almost November!


I mailed back a wedding RSVP today!  It doesn't seem like a big deal, but I have a really bad habit of never RSVPing for anything and waiting for the poor stressed out bride/host to confirm that I'm coming.  I know, I'm awful.  Especially after getting married and knowing how annoying it is when people do that.  But I did send this one out... only a day after the RSVP by date. (for some reason I kept telling myself the deadline was today).  Maybe next time I'll actually RSVP to something on time.  If people don't stop inviting me to things because of my bad RSVPing manners that is.


The paleo/primal thing.  I keep meaning to do an update post on it.  I really should, as I'm still trying to follow it, and I really do enjoy it.  I just bore myself whenever I start typing up a post on it.  So quick recap, lots of tasty (and/or burnt) food has been made, and much pinteresting has been involved.  Well... except for this week.  This week I declared a cheat week, for no good reason other than all the tasty carbs were calling my name, and stress, and  the previously mentioned grumping.  But I've learned that after all the clean eating, the stomach doesn't really tolerate all the junk again.  Good motivation to get back on the bandwagon!

Thank for stopping by!  See you next time!  For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

No comments:

Post a Comment