August 13, 2014

Three Years!

Three years ago, this happened:


Yup, me and the hubs got married  :).  Its funny, right now its seems both so long ago and like yesterday.  We were crazy in love, jumping in the deep end after two years of dating.  He moved out to California to be with me, fresh out of law school with no promise of a job, and I was still finishing up law school, also with no job.  After the honeymoon we moved into a little guest apartment in my parents' house.  We didn't know how we were going to make it, but we just knew we would.  We had faith and love, and that was enough.

We made it the next 6 months off of the Hubs's savings, money we got from the wedding, and my parents help.  Hubs got a job when we were literally down to our last few hundred dollars.  A few months after that, I went into a job interview at a firm that had posted the job anonymously, and found myself in an interview with my godfather that I hadn't spoken to in years.We got out of debt, saved up money, and last year moved into our own condo. Things haven't been completely smooth sailing since then, but its nice to have a place of our own.  Well, not completely on our own, we've got these guys.



Its amazing how God has truly provided for us.  Sometimes I just need to remind myself of that.  I know God has a plan and takes care of us.  The Hubs and I have been especially blessed.  God has always guided us where we needed to go and given us what we needed.

Sometimes its harder to remember that, when this day also marks three years since we started hoping that God would give us a child.  I wish I could have the same faith as I did when we got married.  I know that God has a plan for us and our family, and that it will unfold in his good time, but I really wish I knew what that plan was!  And I really wish I could know that that plan matches up what I want it to be.

I've been struggling with that a lot lately.  I've realized I just have to learn to trust in His plan.  I can't say I'm 100% there yet, but I try, I'm at least taking baby steps there.  And I have to have faith, because so far, trusting God has brought me wonderful moments like this


and all I can do is hope for many more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment